Responsible Care® is the worldwide chemical industry’s public commitment to demonstrate continuous improvement in all aspects of health, safety and environment performance, to involve all staff and to work with customers, suppliers and local communities
Responsible Care® is the worldwide chemical industry’s public commitment to demonstrate continuous improvement in all aspects of health, safety and environment performance, to involve all staff and to work with customers, suppliers and local communities.
Solvay's dedication to meet the principles of Responsible Care® is a key component in our commitment to sustainable development.
- We are committed to develop and supply products and services that best meet the needs of our customers, are safe and have minimal impacts on health and the environment throughout their life cycle.
- We are committed to run our plants and the transport of our products safely, protecting our neighbors and employees and minimizing the impact of our activities on our environment.
- We are committed to inform and debate with all stakeholders on matters affecting health, safety and the environment, in a spirit of openness and mutual respect.
- We encourage our subcontractors, suppliers and customers to adopt a policy on health, safety and environment equivalent to our own.
- We are committed to comply with all relevant local, national and international regulations relating to health, safety and environment.
Product Stewardship – Responsible Care applied to products
Product Safety and Environment issues are among our highest priorities. We are committed to conduct our business so as to promote and continuously improve the responsible and sustainable management of our products throughout their entire life cycle. It is being achieved by a combination of responsible development and safety support to our partners. Everyone involved with our products shares the responsibility for the successful implementation of our policy.
The effectiveness of Product Stewardship implementation is ensured by the appropriate allocation of resources and responsibilities and by the development of effective programs to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding and documentation of our products risks and take appropriate steps to manage them by prevention, control and reduction measures.
- Provide appropriate information to downstream partners (customers, distributors, agents and haulers).
- Ensure safe transport and foster proper use, handling and recycling of our products.
- Educate and train employees on product hazards and proper use. Actively seek feedback on customer use and misuse of product and use it to revise information and advice.
- Maintain a system of monitoring and reviewing the Product Stewardship program and its implementation.
Product Stewardship is the responsibility of all our partners involved in the product life cycle. It will be successful only if everyone plays his part.